Instructions for adding an event to our Calendar of Events. Please note that we only publish events that are open to law students, faculty, and staff. Our target audience for the public calendar is law students. Please do not list private or “by invitation only” events on here.
- Login into the Calendar of Events website. If you access the website outside of the George Mason network, you would need to log into our VPN first.
- From the Event section on the left-hand menu or the drop-down menu at the top, choose Add Event.
- Add Title, Description, Time & Date, Location (check to see if the location existed), Organizers (check to see if the organizer existed), and Event URL.
- Ignore Event Cost, Excerpt, Custom Field, and Slugs.
- For Discussion, uncheck Allow comments.
- For Event Categories, check all that are appropriate or add new category if necessary.
- For Event Options, leave it blank unless you want to hide it from listing.
- Ignore Custom header.
- For Featured image, please crop your image to 1200px x 675px for consistency.
- Hit Publish when you are finished.
The Event Management System allows events to be added to the Master calendar as well as the Special Events calendar that will display events on the EMS RSS Feed.
Note: You must have administrator privileges in order to make the following changes.
- Check the featured event box if you want the event and corresponding image to be seen on the master calendar carousel. This is not required.
- Add the Event Title
- Add the Event Link. This is usually the registration link, or the link to the event found on the Center’s website
- Copy and paste the Description using the HTML Editor.
- The contact name and email will be filled in automatically. Check the hide box if you want your contact information hidden from being displaying
- In the Calendar drop down, you may select multiple entries. If you only want the event to appear on the homepage RSS feed, select Special Events
- Enter the Center or School name under department
- Enter the Name of the location and link. The link field is not required.
- Specify the time and whether or not the event lasts all day.
- Include the Event Image for every event.