The Event Management System allows events to be added to the Master calendar as well as the Special Events calendar that will display events on the EMS RSS Feed.
Note: You must have administrator privileges in order to make the following changes.
- Check the featured event box if you want the event and corresponding image to be seen on the master calendar carousel. This is not required.
- Add the Event Title
- Add the Event Link. This is usually the registration link, or the link to the event found on the Center’s website
- Copy and paste the Description using the HTML Editor.
- The contact name and email will be filled in automatically. Check the hide box if you want your contact information hidden from being displaying
- In the Calendar drop down, you may select multiple entries. If you only want the event to appear on the homepage RSS feed, select Special Events
- Enter the Center or School name under department
- Enter the Name of the location and link. The link field is not required.
- Specify the time and whether or not the event lasts all day.
- Include the Event Image for every event.
- Connect to the server via Microsoft Remote Desktop
- Locate: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\MasterCalendar (under My Computer, C drive)
In order to add the Mason Law logo in the master calendar of events, I had to modify the master template file (Calendar.master). Scroll down to line 105, you’ll see this:
<input type="hidden" name="__VIEWSTATEGENERATOR" id="__VIEWSTATEGENERATOR" value="28B11E50" />
<input type="hidden" name="__VIEWSTATEENCRYPTED" id="__VIEWSTATEENCRYPTED" value="" />
<div id="ctl00_HeaderContainer" class="HeaderContainer show-large">
<!--MASON LAW BY DONNY-->
<div style="background-color:#063; width:100%;"><a href="https://www.law.gmu.edu/"><img src="https://sls.gmu.edu/cdn/shared-img/cal-head-logo.png" alt="Antonin Scalia Law School, George Mason University" ></a><a href="http://events.law.gmu.edu/MasterCalendar/"><img src="https://sls.gmu.edu/cdn/shared-img/cal-head-text.png" alt="Calendar of Events" ></a></div>
<!--/MASON LAW BY DONNY-->
<div class="row po">
<div class="twelve columns">
<div id="ctl00_Header_imgBannerDiv" class="imgBanner centered pointer"><img src="http://events.law.gmu.edu/MasterCalendar/ImageWriter.aspx?data=IPkf9F3DB014d7Mcuxnr02hg194Zr%2fYICmc%2b3DyQmrlgKN39%2bJJQUIYsuFOrpOhm" alt="Banner Image" style="border-width:0px;" /></div>
This template needs to be update every time the EMS calendar is upgraded.